The Neurotrauma Research Program and the Australian Spinal Cord Injury Network would like to thank everyone who attended the 2015 Perth Research Showcase at the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research, on the 24th of November. We also wish to thank our guest speakers for continuing to share their research and expertise in the field.
The successful half-day event featured presentations by the following guest speakers:
- Professor Sarah Dunlop (University of Western Australia) who gave an update about how 'ICED' (Immediate Cooling and Early Decompression) may improve outcomes following SCI.
- Dr Ralph Stanford (Prince of Wales Hospital) who talked about the Riluzole clinical trial for spinal cord injury in Australia.
- Esther Jacobson (Queensland University of Technology) who gave an update on Minocycline in acute spinal cord injury (MASC).
- Marnie Graco (Austin Hospital) who talked about the management of obstructive sleep apnoea in acute tetraplegia to improve sleep, and therefore the quality of life.
- Associate Professor Jillian Swaine (University of Notre Dame) who spoke about the latest results on pressure ulcer research following SCI.
The presentations were recorded for those who were unable to attend, please watch the videos below:
Clinical Professor David Blacker presented the lecture entitled 'A Great Year in Stroke'