Please note: this class is sold out.
Calling all magnificent young scientists!
Magnify the microscopic world of the human body. Investigate how your cells function using micropipettes, microscopes and other cool equipment used by medical research scientists.
Discover how scientists use cells in research!
Parents/guardian must remain within the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research precinct (Café open).
|COST||$50 per session|
|AGE||Strictly 10-14 years|
|VENUE||Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research QEII Medical Centre, Nedlands
In the comments section below, please include the child(ren)s name(s) and dates of birth and notification of any medical or special needs.
- This program is aimed at a general audience and should not be seen as an academic extension or challenge activity.
- As part of the program your child/ren will be working in a fully functional scientific laboratory and will be handling scientific equipment and materials.
- Whilst all care will be taken as to safety precautions, please note that the Lotterywest BioDiscovery Centre cannot be held liable for any injury or damage to either your child/ren or personal property.
- As part of the program, children will be taking a sample from the inside of their mouths for the purpose of viewing cells under a microscope. Children will be taking this sample for themselves using a pop stick. All samples and microscope slides will be disposed of in biohazard waste receptacles at the cessation of the activity.
- Your child will be using the internet as a research tool during the course of the program. Children are responsible for self-monitoring their use of the internet to appropriate sites for the purpose of research.