MAGNIFICENT HOLIDAY ADVENTURE!
Calling all magnificent young scientists!
Join us in the BioDiscovery Centre during the school holidays.
Holiday Program 1.0: Cells and Proteins
Holiday Program 2.0: Microbiology
Magnify the microscopic world of the human body!
Investigate how your cells function using micropipettes, microscopes and other cool equipment used by medical research scientists.
Discover how scientists use cells in research.
Delve into the world of Microbiology!
Learn how to 'stain' a scientific sample and use a micropipette.
Use your science sleuthing skills to identify different bacteria.
|Cost||$50 per session|
|Age||Strictly 10-14 years|
|Venue||Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research QEII Medical Centre, Nedlands|
|1.0: Cells and Proteins||Wednesday January 23rd 2019||1.30pm to 3.30pm||CLICK HERE|
|1.0: Cells and Proteins||Thursday January 24th 2019||1.30pm to 3.30pm||CLICK HERE|
- These programs are aimed at a general audience and should not be seen as an academic extension or challenge activity.
- As part of the program, your child/ren will be working in a fully functional scientific laboratory and will be handling scientific equipment and materials.
- Whilst all care will be taken as to safety precautions, please note that the Lotterywest BioDiscovery Centre cannot be held liable for any injury or damage to either your child/ren or personal property.
- All samples and microscope slides will be disposed of in biohazard waste receptacles at the cessation of the activity.
- Your child will be using the internet as a research tool during the course of the program. Children are responsible for self-monitoring their use of the internet to appropriate sites for the purpose of research.
- This program is subsidized by the Lotterywest BioDiscovery Centre. Your fee contributes to covering the cost of lab supplies and resources required for the session.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Contact the Eduction Team
T: 08 6151 0811